Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Weekend Fun

Last weekend we alot going on. On Saturday Madison and I got to go to the mother daughter achievment day activty and then we came home and spent time with Larry because he was leaving on Monday to go to Tahoe. So we spent time as a family working in the yard which is actually quite fun. Well the kids didn't really work in the yard but Larry and I did while the kids played outside. Part of working in the yard was mowing the lawn as well (I will explain about the pictures below later). After Larry mowed the lawn we sat and chatted with Jen and Dave and Max while the other kids played.
Eventually we all had to go to our own houses and eat and we had to go to Madison's piano recital. We are so proud of Madison she really enjoys the piano and I hope that she continues playing it for years. I play a little but that is about it and I would really like to see her develop that talent. Anyway this year in piano they the did piano olympics and they could earn a gold medal and forgive me but I can't remember how they earn it but Madison got her gold medal. They had to all kinds of things that involved the olympics. They had to design a flag as well and theyn they got it back that night. I feel really bad for not remember what they all had to do but I do know that it was a good idea. Madison's piano teacher is great, we really like her and she has such great idea's for the kids. I did video her songs but I can't figure out how to get them on the blog so if you want to see it you have to go to facebook and look at it there. So we had a busy weekend with fun things that happened. Next will be Madison' s ballet recital.
So most of you know that Carson is obbsessed with his dad and when he was a baby he wanted to be up and seeing what was going on and so as a baby he cried or whined alot because he wanted to be going. Well one day I was trying to get dinner ready and Carson wasn't letting me and so Larry came home and had to mow the lawn and he put the front pack on and put him in it to give me a break and he went and mowed the lawn. Carson loved it as you can tell.

Well as you can not much has changed. Carson now two was so upset last weekend because he wanted to mow the lawn with his dad and so Larry picked him up and went on mowing. He couldn't hold him for very long because Carson is pretty heavy.
Larry put him down and that wasn't good enough he then had to push the lawn mower to the side yard. What a funny boy he is.
This is what happens when we are at the piano recital and we are trying to entertain Carson.
Madison getting her gold medal.
This is Madison's flag that she decorated.
Madison and her gold medal.

I just realized that we dont' have an actual picture of her playing the piano. Sorry.

2 comments:

Jen said...

It was fun to sit outside this weekend in the sun. I miss that during the winter.

Colleen said...

YAY Madison! It sounds like the fun kind of busy weekend. The pictures of Larry mowing with Carson "before" and "now" are great!