Saturday, May 8, 2010

Things that happened this week

So this week has been quite a week. I guess it hasn't been the whole week but starting on Wednesday afternoon. Well first of all Monday went good and then Tuesday was good as well we had Carson's 2 year dr. appointment and it went good. He is in the 75th percentile in height and the 40th in weight. The dr thinks that he is going to be a tall kid. So everything went well there, he didn't have to have any shots which is good because he doesn't do well with those. So the dr said that Carson was doing good. We went home and went on with our day and night. On Wednesday we woke up and everything was good we went to the gym and then came home and played around here. I got Zach off to school and later on I heard Carson crying in his bed, I thought he was just waking up from his nap, so I went and got him and brought him down stairs to wake up like I always do. Well he was really whiney and moving around alot on my lap and I didn't what was wrong with him but it wasn't normal. Then about a half hour later he started crying and it was more of a panic cry and he was facing me and then it happened, he threw up on me and the chair. I know this may be gross but I am going to keep on going. So you would think that I would get up and try and get him to the toilet or something but I thought do I really want a trail of vomit on floors or would I just rather clean up one spot instead of a bunch of spots. So I just sat there. He was done and he was scared because he didn't like what just happened and what was on him. So I took off my clothes and got carson undress and put him in the bath and got him dressed and then had a quick shower myself and went down stairs. Let me just say I am so gratefull that it down stairs where there isn't any carpet, it is much easier to clean up. Carson along with the vomitting had a temperature of 102 which isn't usually like him to really get sick like this. I didn't know what he had or what was going on with him, I called larry and told him that Carson was sick and he came home as soon as he could.


Carson was so sick that he didn't do anything he didn't really move he just layed in the chair and watched a movie again he never does, he is always on the go, always. So Larry got home and looked at him and said that he looks really bad he got really worried and wanted to take him the walk in clinic and we went with the whole family, why I don't know, really only one of us needed to go. So after a little while we saw the dr and wanted to get a urine sample and looked in his ears and everything was fine in his ears but secretly I was hoping that is what it would be because he had such a hight temp. She listened to his lungs and everything and he was fine. She did not however look in his mouth because she didn't want to make him upset. So they gave him some tylenol and some anti nausea medicine and he was fine after a little bit. Larry brought him home and he was acting normal. Through out the night though he did not do very good, he had a high temp again and cried alot that night. The next day he was the same he didn't want me to do anything except hold him and he wasn't sleeping very good still. So I just kep on thinking that there was something more wrong with him. So I made an appointment for our dr and took him in that day which is Thursday. I took him and told the dr what had happened the day before and how he was and also on Thursday he came down with a rash all over his body so I told the dr about that. They swabbed his nose to test for the flu which came out negative and he said that the rash was just a heat rash from the fever. I didn't know you could get a rash from a fever. So then he looked in his mouth and he saw the white spots and said that it really looks like strep and that he wasn't going to do a strep test because it would be worth it to do it to Carson. So he gave a perscription for the goods and we started them and now he is finally feeling better. He can't really eat anything citrus because it still hurts his mouth but other then that he is doing alot better. Thank goodness because I don't know how much longer i could have handled the whining. So things are looking up for next week and I hope that nobody else gets it.
Isn't this pathetic, I had to put a towel down on my bed just in case he threw up.
He is giving me a smile which is a good thing even though he isn't feeling good.
Poor guy.

Here is carson feeling much better and in Zach's t-ball jersey and his glove. He didn't want to take it off so I let him wear it. I didn't want to hear him scream at me that is the real reason I didn't make him take it off. Luckily Zach did have a game that day.
He fell asleep in the whole outfit. I tried to put him down and take the hat off and take the glove off but he woke up and got upset becasue he wanted it still on so I left it alone and he went back to sleep.

3 comments:

Amy Owens said...

so cute ...... so sad hope he is feeling better

Jessica said...

Poor little guy! It wasn't exactly fun for you either :( Janaya and I cleaned the Jr nursery toys yesterday morning. Hopefully we won't have anymore sick kids.

Janaya and Bret are Sounders fans so it was fun to read your post. I'm at the point that I can recognize some of the players names but don't really know who's who.

Colleen said...

Awww...poor little Carson, and poor you! That's stressful. Strep is some nasty stuff. I am glad he's feeling better! I would have done the same thing with the barf. Why clean up a big nasty mess when it can be in just one place? :)