Sunday, May 2, 2010

Two and Six

Today we celebrated two birthday's in the Brown house. Zach and Carson. Today is actually Carson's birthday and Zach's is on the 7th. When we had Carson I wondered how we were going to do birthday's around here and so since we really didn't do anything last year for Carson I thought that we should probably do something this year. He still doesn't really understand what a birthday is but I thought that I should do something. So today we had some friends and family come over and we celebrated Carson and Zach's birthday, then on Friday we will do soemthing not as big for Zach. I dont' know if that is lame but I get tired of doing big parties every year for the kids so I really have decide when they will have big parties and I think that they will have them on the big birthday's like when they turn five and eight and maybe some other ones in bewteen but not every year, it just gets to be to much. So let me tell you a little bit about Zach and Carson.
Zach was born on his due date, he just barely made it. He was born on a friday at 11:23pm. He was the only one that I went into labor on my own and for that I am grateful I feel that it was a much easier labor with him. He was the smallest of my kids weighing in at 7lbs 6oz. Madison was 7lb 13oz. So we got to the hospital about 6 at night and then almost 6 hours later he was born. It only took me about 2 pushes and he was out, I don't remember alot of pain with him which is probably why we had Carson. Anyway he was a pretty good baby when he was feeling well. If some of you don't know Zach had ear problems starting when he was about one, he finally got tubes when he was two and has been a different child since. Zach is such a happy go lucky kid, he loves to play video games and has just started playing t-ball and loves it. He does good in school and he loves his older sister and little brother. We are so glad that he is in our family.
Now for Carson, he was a week late and I was so worried that his birthday and Zach's birthday were going to be the same day, I really didn't want that. Anyway the doctor had me go to the hospital to be induced in the evening because he said that he was scheduled to be in there on the Friday. So Larry and I left the kids with my mom and we went to the hospital to do a stress test first, because we may have not actually been able to be induced because the hospitals were full, can you believe that, they were full but I guess they weren't that full because after my stress test they were a little concerened because they noticed a difference in his heart rate when we changed sides and they didn't want me to go home and have something happen. So they admitted me and all I could think of was the time because I had to watch Lost and I told Larry that I wanted to get into the room and watch Lost. So they got us admitted and I got to watch Lost and do a word puzzle and have contractions in there somewhere. They also had to induce me with Carson, they didn't have to do the full dose because I was already in labor a little bit they just gave me half of it to get things going. So as labor progressed contractions got more intense and hurt a heck of alot more then the other two kids. I remember wanting to push for hours and the nurse kept on telling me not and I guess at one point I was breathing so hard that I was hiperventalating and Larry said that I was breathing into a bag. I don't remember doing that at all. So long about 5 in the morning the doctor said that I could push which I was so thankful for. Once again it only took about 2 pushes and he was out. Carson weighed in at 8lbs even. He was the biggest of my kids. He is a great child who loves to play with his brother and sister but doesn't quite know how to play with them without hurting them. He is a tough guy loves to get into things and dump things out and make a mess basically. We love him and look forward to lots more time with him.
I am sorry if some of this was to much information but I am a detail person when I am explaining something. So we had two birthdays today and they both got some great thing and had a great day.
Getting ready to open presents.

Zach loves these cars.

Zach got Iron Man 2 toys
Carson admiring what Zach got.
I made two little cakes for each one so then they didn't have to share a cake because I don't want them to have to share everything.
As you can tell Carson blew the candles out before we were done singing, he loves to blow out the candles.
Dig in.

Happy Birthday Zach and Carson. We Love you both.

3 comments:

Amy Owens said...

good idea about the two cakes... I like it.

Colleen said...

Fun shared birthday party! We will probably end up with a few of those for Josh and Tommy with only four days between their two birthdays. And sweet stories. We almost got bumped on the induction because they were "full." We were the last ones in for the day with Josh, everyone else had to be moved back!

Anna Lynne said...

great job on the party! the little cakes for the kids was awesome!