Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Special Day for Madison

On Saturday Madison was baptized. It was such a great day and Madison has been looking forward to to for such a long time. She has always wanted to be baptized and Madison was one of those children who did not want to go under the water and get her face wet, she wasn't really afraid of the water I just think that she thought that if she went under something would happen to her so over the summer she was talking about getting baptized and how she could wait and I reminded her that when she gets baptized that her whole body would have to go under water. She said to me that she knew and so in our many trips this last summer she decided that she was going to start swimming and going under the water so that she was prepared for her going under the water for her baptism. From that first time she went under the water at a pool she now loves to go under the water and she is actually getting pretty good at swimming. So anyway she was so excited for Saturday to come and to be baptized is was so great to see her do that, I am so glad that she decided to be baptized. Larry did a wonderful job. Madison actually got to be dunked twice not because her dress came up but because larry forgot a word in the baptism prayer and you know what I really didn't notice it sounded right to me. So Larry did a wonderful job being that it was his first time ever baptizing someone. When I went to go and help Madison get dressed she says to me "mom that was the greatest ever when can I do it again."
Larry did a great job on her confirmation is was such a great blessing that he gave her, he even got choked up while saying the blessing. We had alot of family there my whole family and then I am so glad that Larry's brother and sister-in law came and there children and then his sister and husband and there boys and then his mom and step-dad. I am glad that they came and saw Madison be baptized that meant alot to us and Madison.
So we had a great day and Madison and I glad that all of you get to see our pictures. There aren't alot that I put on there but I think that you get the point. I didn't want to put to many pictures up. Enjoy the pictures.




Madison and my mom.


Madison and the bishop



Madison and Larry






5 comments:

Colleen said...

I have been waiting for this post! I am so excited for Madison and I love her comment from afterward about doing it again. And I love that Larry got choked up during the confirmation! Awww! I am sure he did awesome. What a great day. I am so glad it all worked out. Madison sure looks beautiful!

Jen said...

She looks so pretty. Glad it went well.

Tina said...

Congratulations Madison. Sorry we could not be there. You look beautiful! We love you!

Anna Lynne said...

I have never seen Madison so happy as this day! she is truly the sweetest girl and will be a tru example to those around her.

Chalonn said...

This looks beautiful! She looks adorable! Congrats to Madison! Sorry we weren't there for the big day!