Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas

So here are my pictures from Christmas. The kids and I went up to my mom's the day before Christmas Eve and then Larry came up Christmas Eve Day and spent the next couple of days with us until we had to go back home. Anyway we had a great time and we had a great Christmas. On Christmas Eve we have a big get together with my family, meaning my cousins aunts and uncles(even the ones not on the compound there) and we always have a ton of food more then we ever need. We first eat then we have our program where we have musical numbers from people and whoever else wants to do what ever they want, then either my dad or mom tell the birth of Jesus. Usually my dad reads it out of the Scriptures but mom did it this year different. She just used pictures for little kids so they would listen. Then we play our white elephant gift exchange and that is always fun to play because someone always brings pickled pigs feet, don't ask me how they get them but I think that it is my uncle doug who usually brings them. Then after that we usually just visit some more and people usually start to leave a little after. Now that I am thinking about it, we usually do the birth of Jesus at the end. Anyway here are some pictures of Christmas Eve and Christmas.



Me and my little sister Haley, you are lucky I try not to post pictures of me because I don't ever like them but I decided I would do this one. This is Christmas Eve before everyone got there.
Carson trying to get out of Haley's arms to get to me.

Madison wanted to read a story for the program so she read the story of the nutcracker, I thought that is was going to be along book but it was actually quite short. She wanted my mom to sit by her not me.


Zach helping my mom by holding the pictures for her while she tells the birth of Jesus.

This was everyone while we were playing our white elephant game. There was even more people behind the camera. You can see my grandpa picked his present and he is holding it up he got a game(connect four).


Christmas morning the kids helping hand out presents.


This is a quilt my mom had made for me by my aunt. My sisters and I all got one. They are all personalized for the person. Mine was peonies and my mom called it "Mother Earth".


These are pita pizza's my mom makes them every Christmas morning. They are the best they have a sauce and then artichoke hearts, ham and olives and then you bake them.

Madison got books for Christmas and she loves to read and so she started reading one that morning.

We left on the 26th and came home and then had Christmas with Larry's dad and step mom and his brother and his family and his sister and her family. Larry got these boxers from his brother and sister-in-law it has xbox360 all over them and then on the front it says "game"then on the back it says "On" for "game on". Larry plays xbox with his brother on line quite a bit so it is a great present for him.

I had other pictures from when Larry's family came but they weren't that good, the kids did not want to cooperate when I wanted a picture. I wish that I could have posted some of those but I will tell you that Madison got High School Musical boots which she loves and whears them all the time. Zach got a Star Wars light saber which he loves as well.









No comments: