Friday, October 10, 2008

Hawaii

So I finally got the slide show working for my pictures from Hawaii, thanks to Anna for helping me do a slide show. Anyway for those of you who didn't know Larry and I went to Hawaii a couple of weeks ago and we took Madison and Zach, we left Carson at home with my mom. We had a great time. We really didn't do much we just kind of stayed that the hotel and went swimming most of the time. Larry got to golfing with friends which he enjoyed and then we actually went to Haunama Bay(I do not know how to spell it so sorry)and did some snorkeling which was fun. We went to the flea market and shpped around there and from there we went to the Dole Pineapple plantation and saw where we they grow the pinapple and then after our tour we had pinapple icecream which was so yummy. Then we went to the north shore beach and played in the waves for a bit and then went back to hotel and did more swimming. One night we went to the international market and we went to the pearl factory and Madison got to pick an oyster and then they opened it and you get to have that pearl. Madison picked a blue pearl. It really wasn't blue it is more like a sliver but apparently they call it a blue pearl. Madison was the only person who picked the blue pearl, it was very exciting for her, we got it set into a necklace for her and because she got the blue pearl she got to pick out 2 more oysters for free and she actually picked some really big ones. Anyway when you pick an oyster you have to say a chant before you open it. You have to tap it 3 times before you open it and then yell ALOHA. The kids loved it. So now Madison has her own pearl and she is so excited about it. All in all we had a great time and it was nice to just relax and not worry about anything. At the end of the trip Madison asked if we could move there, and of course I told her that we could not. Anyway I hope that you guys enjoy the pictures below. I had to separate the post because for some reason it wouldn't let me do it all in one. Enjoy

1 comment:

emily said...

my mom always told me that kids don't go to Hawaii ... and that's why i've never been!! so cool! love the pictures!!