Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Break Begins

Well summer break has officially begun and the weather has not been very good. It is june and still cold and raining. What is going on. I need the sun. I just hope that it is nice for the 4th of July because we are going up to Bellingham.

The kids are excited to be out of school and moving up to the next grade. Zach is going to be in 3rd and Madison will be in 6th, next year she will be in middle school, I can't believe it. It is nice having an almost 12 year old although she can give an attitude at times. Carson will be going to pre-school for 3 days this next year and then the following year he will go to kindergarten.

Well we started off summer break just staying at home because we had planned to go to Bellingham the week of the 4th of July because we love it up on the compound. The kids are excited to be able to see the Conlins and hang out with them.

Here are a few pictures of what we have been doing before we left for Bellingham.


Here is Zach before Larry decided he wanted to show him how to mow the lawn. Zach was all for it.
There he is.


One friday while the kids were still in school Larry and I decided that we would take the boys to a Mariners game, Madison was spending the night at a friends house.  Well on the way home Carson got sick. He was not car sick he was flu sick. I don't know why but all my kids like to throw up in the car. I am just greatful that we had the weather tech mats in the suburban because all we had to do was take them out and wash them off. I fel so bad for Carson but out of my kids he is the one that does the best when he is sick, he makes it to the toilet and the doesn't really complain. He hates throwing up and he was up the whole night and then into the next morning throwing up. 
Larry and I made a path for him from his room to our room so that if he didn't make it to the toilet that at least it didn't get on the carpet. I actually ended up sleeping in his room on the floor during the night, but not once did he throw up on the the towels.
It is a good think he just across the hall from us.  I don't think I took the blankets off the floor until I knew he was better the next day.

I decided to make cookies one day and Carson came and asked me if he could have a cookie, I told him that he could and then he brought me the cookie and asked me if I wanted it. I told him no and asked him why he didn't want it. He said that he didn't want it because it only had one chocolate chip in it. Well if he would have kept on eating it he would have see that farther into the cookie there were more chocolate chips in it. Silly boy.

About a week after Carson was sick, we went to church and during church he started getting a rash on his face and it was red and bumpy and his eye started getting a little swollen. It wasn't to bad that day but I gave him some benadryl at bedtime and it looked like it was getting better. Well the next day he woke up and his eye and face was swollen. Poor thing. I took him to the dr and the dr said that it is a reaction from him being sick. I had never heard such a thing it was just weir. The dr said that it is a virus from being sick. He wasn't contagious and he said it would last about a week and it did.

We went to a beach one day in Edmonds with the kids, the Conlins, the Shevitz, the Bujnowski's and us.
Josh got burried in the sand.

Jen, Colleen, and Adam
Madison and Zach Conlin


Tommy Conlin in the wood fort the kids found

On the 2nd of July we were invited to go to the Conlin's cabin on the Lake. I am not going to even try to spell the lakes name. I had my nieces that day and my younger sister was visiting as well so we all went to the lake, even though it was cloudy and not quite as warm and we all would have liked it to be. The kids had a great time though. Thank you Adam and Colleen for inviting us.




My younger sister Haley and my niece Kenzie

Kenzie eating an orange
I love these next two pictures.
Dave and Jakob
Dave and Max

No comments: