Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ten

On November 2nd Madison turned 10. I can't believe it. I am still in shock that I have a ten year old. Madison is a great, she is has a great personality and for the most part she isn't to sassy but when she does get sassy she makes up for all the other times she hasn't been. Other then that she is great, she has a great attitude about things and is very patient with her brothers.
Madison's birthday fell on a Tuesday this year so we didn't do a big party for her and I figured that we have done parties for her for the last couple of years that it should be o.k to not have a party for her this year. So anyway on her birthday morning she wanted pancakes so I made her and her brothers pancakes and Madison got to have the plate that says "you are special today". She went to school and got to take treats to her class and then I found out that she has a boy in her class that has the same birthday so the kids got double treats in her class that day. During the day I had planned to get the desk put together that we had gotten her and thank goodness Larry got home because he helped me put it together because I got busy making things for dinner that I ran out of time. When Madison got home she saw her desk in her room and loved it. She then went to piano lesson's and then came home and ate dinner. For her birthday dinner she requested perogy's, her all time favorite meal. I don't make it often because it really isn't the healthiest of meals, in fact if you need to gain weight I suggest you eat those. Anyway we had perogy's and I also made little cupcakes for activity day's because she had an activity that night as well. I kept ten cupcakes out so that we could put candles in them and she could blow out candles at home. So she went to activity day's and had fun and then home and to bed. She said she had a great day which I am so glad.
Happy Birthday Madison

Pancake for breakfast

The happy ten year old before school
I tried to get a picture of me and Madison but Carson had to get in on it too.
The dough for the perogy's
cupcakes for Activity Day
Her new desk
She got a chair to go with it too.
Here we go making the perogy's, if you don't know what is in the it is potatoe and cheese and you wrap it up in the dough and then boil them in water.
Potatoes and cheese
When you have perogy's you have to have sausage and onions with it and it is so yummy. Here are the sausages but I never took a picture of the onions.
Here is Madison's plate.
Madison's cupcakes with the candles before she has to leave for Activity Days.
The boys are helping her blow out the candles. As I was lighting the candles before Carson kept on blowing them out so I am glad that he finally waited.


3 comments:

Beth said...

I cant belive shes 10 either but thats means we are getting old u no

Colleen said...

Madison is such a fantastic kid! I am so glad she had a day to feel special, you did a great job making it perfect!

Jen said...

How funny Hannah and Madison have the same desk.