Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving, so happy Thanksgiving to all my canadian friends. Well I usually don't do this but I have decided that I would start making a turkey dinner on canadian thanskgiving. Alot of people don't know that I am actually canadian and used to not call myself canadian but I am I was born up there and lived there until I was 11. I still keep in touch with some of my friends from canada too and there isn't anything wrong with being canadian either, so I have decided that I wanted to do this tradition every year. I am not talking about a big thanksgiving dinner like on our thanksgiving but something.
So today I went to go and find a turkey but not a big turkey and I got some stuff to make things to go with it. I think that this is something the kids will love to celebrate. I just got a turkey breast because becaus the turkeys were too big for our family. I made a green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and we had some rolls and we had some gravy with it as well. Everything was good except for the green bean casserol. I used some different beans and it just didn't taste very good. My family loved everything else though and it was great.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving.

The table before the food got on there.
green bean casserole
the rolls, they are a little brown but they were still good.
mashed potatoes
turkey or turkey breast I guess it is.
I made a pie for dessert and this is the finished look of it and Madison and Larry loved it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Colleen said...

I love family traditions! It all looks so yummy. Happy Thanksgiving!

Aunna said...

Does this mean your not doing American Thanksgiving :)