Saturday, December 18, 2010

A project well done

It all started about 6 years ago when we did our final walk through of the house and looked at the bathroom up stairs and noticed that the toilet in the bathroom was on the opposite wall across from the sink. It doesn't make sense I know. So when we saw it we asked them if it was right and they went back and looked at the plans and sure enough the plans showed the toilet right where they put it across from the sink. So we just lived with it. I know that is a long time to live with a toilet like that. Well it has really bugged Larry that the toilet was on the wrong side and me well I just got used to it. So a couple of weeks ago Larry decided that we were going to put the toilet beside the sink. Larry wanted to do it himself and he did except for the plumbing part because well he isn't a plumber. So he found out that his step brother is a journeyman plumber and we called him and did the plumbing fore the moving of the toilet and then Larry did the rest. My dad came and help Larry with the bathroom. When it was time for Larry to do the floors I asked him how he knew how to do it because he has never done anything like that before and his response was "DIY network", I think that is the right newtwork, it is one of the home improvement networks anyway. So we got it moved and it is amazing how much of a difference it really makes. I am so proud of Larry for taking on something that he has never done before he did a great job. The plus side of moving the toilet is that the bathroom had to be painted because they had to cut into the wall where the toilet was. I really like it the kids really like it as well.

This is where the toilet was before we moved it.
This is where the toilet should have been.
There is the hole in the floor.
More hole in the floor
This is what the bathroom looks like after. I still have to get white rugs to go in there but I like it already and I need to get something for the side of the wall that the toilet was on.


3 comments:

Anna Lynne said...

Beth- I cannot believe how different it looks with the toilet moved and the bathroom painted! you guys did and amazing job.I am addicted to the DIY network! It really is crazy where the toilet was!

Beth said...

tell Larry good job on the "Can" :P

Aunna said...

It looks great! We'll get that wall taken care of soon. Larry & your dad did a fabulous job!